Our exciting, ever-expanding client portfolio means we're in need of a full stack WordPress developer with strong PHP skills to join our team. We need someone who has a talent for the details as well as the technical and wants to dedicate their craft to purpose and creating life-changing impact.
You’ll work as part of our supportive dev team, working with the Technical Director to improve on and implement new processes and technologies. In the pipeline are a mix of client-side and internal SaaS projects; all of which are in the charitable and ethical arenas. The digital products you will be creating will contribute to the positive impact our collective skills can have. You’ll be joining an extremely ambitious and motivated team with a big vision for the future.
We actively encourage anyone to apply regardless of their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic. Because diversity of thought makes for better work and a more dynamic team.
This is a full-time position, working from home
What we’d like you to do:
- Bespoke website builds for national and international charity clients with a focus on accessibility, performance, UX and conversion rate optimization
- Fast-paced fundraising campaign site development both bespoke and working with third-party systems such as JustGiving
- Creating innovative digital products for our clients to directly benefit their end-users and create meaningful impact for people and planet
- Working in collaboration with the Technical Director and the wider team to develop our own exciting new SaaS products
- Drive change within the team to continually improve and enhance our internal processes and tech stack
- Build great relationships with your fellow teammates in order to work effectively and add a little bit of you to our culture
What you’ll be good at:
- Leading on projects from scoping to delivery
- Building complex websites in WordPress using front end frameworks like Tailwind
- Working with PHP, developing functionality within WordPress
- Pixel perfect front end skills with a passion for quality user experiences
- We work with a lot of APIs so you’ll need to know your SOAP from your REST
- An understanding of web security concerns; experience of testing and resolving security issues
- A bonus but not expected: experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- A bonus but not expected: designing solutions for high traffic demands; experience of performance testing, analysing results and applying performance improvements
- A bonus but not expected: the use of automated testing tools such as Selenium
- A bonus but not expected: an understanding of hosting infrastructure; experience working with load-balanced, and cloud multi-server environments
- A bonus but not expected: delivery of resilient solutions including web and database failover features
To support you to do your best work we will:
- Give you total autonomy to work from home and the flexibility to schedule your working hours around personal commitments, in addition to ample holiday
- 21 days holiday (not including Bank Holidays and Christmas shut down)
- Provide you with varied and meaningful work that makes a difference in the world. We’ll also want to know about the causes and issues that matter to you, should new opportunities arise.
- Ensure you have all the tools to learn and develop your skills through training, events, access to resources and/or mentors. You’ll also be given a MacBook Pro loaded with your dev software of choice.
- Offer you career progression in-line with your proven success and the overall business strategy.
- Schedule regular 1-2-1s with the Managing Director to check-in and ensure you’re happy and motivated.
If it sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, send your CV and GitHub link to our Technical Director, Chris (he/him): firstname.lastname@example.org