Our team is looking for a fixed term 3m contract /or full-time designer who wants to make an impact during their working week. We need someone who has a talent for digital and brand design and wants to dedicate their craft to the ‘for good’ arena. You’ll be joining an extremely ambitious and motivated team with a big vision for the future.
We put as much emphasis on culture and attitude as we do on skills. If this opportunity genuinely excites you and you have some great experience, but you’re not sure you’ve got quite the right practical skill set, you can still get in touch. We are also an equal opportunities employer and we actively encourage applicants to apply regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic.
In the role of Designer at the Republic you will...
- Be focussed on ensuring the studio design output is accessible, original and inclusive
- Find the best solution for a brief and be prepared to learn and take direction / advice from others in the design and wider team
- Have excellent attention to detail even when the deadline is tight and calls for a bit of creative flair
- Confidence is key and so you will be able to take a brief, push it to its full potential and have the data to back up your choices
- Collaborative on concepts and visuals to grow both your own skills and those of the team around you
- Work with client facing teams to find solutions to problems that keep the client happy and the level of design high
- Be involved in developing concepts and graphics visuals for branding, digital assets, website design, wire-framing and site mapping
What you'll bring to the table...
- Imaginative & creative ideas that push the brief and the team forward
- An understanding that design can have a positive impact and a desire to be part of a different kind of agency
- Great communication skills and a lover of collaboration
- Research skills - we like to demonstrate the 'why' when we present creative
- A strong desire to develop your skills in a small but mighty team where you can carve your own career path
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Mac literate
Job type: 3m contract (with a view to extending)
If this sounds like you and you share the same ethos as Studio Republic, send a CV and link to your work to email@example.com
Full Stack PHP Developer
Our expanding client list means that we're in need of another awesome full stack developer to join our team in central Winchester. We need someone who has a talent for the details as well as the technical and wants to dedicate their craft to the ‘for good’ arena.
You’ll be joining an extremely ambitious and motivated team with a big vision for the future. We are also an equal opportunities employer and we actively encourage applicants to apply regardless of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic.
Experience in the following areas is a must:
- Previous delivery of a range of small to large scale websites within an agency environment
- Strong, pixel perfect front end skills
- Back end development using PHP
- Good working knowledge of Laravel
- MySQL database design and management
- Experience with Content Management Systems and frameworks, such as WordPress and MODX
- The integration of third party systems, such as CRMs, payment gateways, document management tools, web services and authentication systems
- An understanding of web security concerns; experience of testing and resolving security issues
In addition to the above, experience of the following will be beneficial:
- Designing solutions for high traffic demands; experience of performance testing, analysing results and applying performance improvements
- The use of automated testing tools or behavioural driven development
- Management of multi-branch source control repositories
- An understanding of hosting infrastructure; experience working with load balanced, and cloud multi-server environments
- Experience with LAMP/LEMP server configuration
- Delivery of resilient solutions including web and database failover features
Job type: Full time
If you are interested please send your CV, portfolio and GitHub link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're a freelance designer/ illustrator/ developer/ copywriter/ tea maker, or you just want to show off your CV, please send it through to email@example.com and we'll put your details on file.
If you're a recruitment agency, we know where you are when we need you so please don't contact us. Thank you!